Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
£144 million investment in 52,000 apprenticeships
A £144 million EU and Welsh Government investment to fund over 50,000 apprenticeships in Wales has been announced by the First Minister, Carwyn Jones.
- Wales’ best interests lie in a prosperous Europe says First Minister
- Extra investment to support veterans in Wales
- £144 million investment in 52,000 apprenticeships
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
- Consultation on guidance for commissioning substance misuse services
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper - Reforming Local Government: Power to Local People
- Interim non-statutory standards for sustainable drainage (SuDS) in Wales – designing, constructing, operating and maintaining surface water drainage systems
- Local Government (Wales) Measure 2009 – Part 1 Guidance to Fire and Rescue Authorities and Fire and Rescue Authorities Support and Intervention Protocol
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
EU funds 2014–2020
EU funds present many opportunities for organisations across the public, private and third sectors to help create sustainable jobs and boost economic growth in Wales. The following European Structural and Investment funds, worth £2.3bn, are delivered in partnership through the Welsh Government:
- European Regional Development Fund (external link) – helps new and existing businesses to grow and supports research and innovation, energy and infrastructure. Also includes the Territorial Co-operation programmes (external link).
- European Social Fund (external link) – helps increase skills and employment, tackle economic inactivity and poverty, and provide support for young people.
- European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development – improves competitiveness for farming and forestry, protects the environment and improves the quality of life and diversification of rural economies.
- European Agricultural Guarantee Fund - Direct Payments will pay agricultural businesses in Wales income support of around €260m a year.
- European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (external link) – implements the new Common Fisheries Policy and supports the development of sustainable fisheries and aquaculture.
Other EU funds programmes
Other EU funds totalling £110bn are available to you in Wales. Find out more about the funds and how you can apply for them.
- Horizon 2020 (external link) – promotes research and innovation by helping higher education and business to take their breakthrough discoveries from the lab to the market. Application support is available through SCoRE Cymru and the WEFO Horizon 2020 Unit.
- COSME (external link) – help to improve the Competitiveness of Enterprises and Small and Medium-sized Enterprises, by supporting them with better access to finance and markets.
- Erasmus+ (external link) – funding for education, training and youth focussing on international study, work, training, teaching and volunteering opportunities. Sport funding focusses on co-operation and activities in grassroots sport.
- Creative Europe (external link) – supports the cultural and creative sectors, enabling them to reach new audiences, develop skills for the digital age and safeguard cultural and linguistic diversity.
- Connecting Europe Facility (external link) – supports the development of high performing, sustainable and efficiently interconnected trans-European networks in the energy, telecommunications and transport fields.
- LIFE (external link) – funding for nature, biodiversity, conservation, environmental and climate change projects.
- EaSI (external link) – funding to promote social innovation and social policy experimentation, employment services and labour mobility, support for microcredit providers and access to finance for Social Enterprises.