Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
Minister wants bigger role for National Parks
National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty are integral to Wales’ national identity and are recognised internationally.
- £6.2 million IT investment in North Wales healthcare
- Funding for new Life Sciences Innovation Village in Cardiff
- Minister wants bigger role for National Parks
- Consultation on Service Framework for the Treatment of People with a Co-occurring Mental Health and Substance Misuse Problem 2015
- Proposed changes to homelessness data collections
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Provisions for the proposed Firefighters’ Pension Scheme (Wales) 2015 and amendments to the Compensation and Pension Schemes 2007
- Draft National Transport Plan 2015
- Consultation on the Draft National Assembly for Wales (Disqualification) Order 2015
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
EU funds 2014–2020
EU funds present many opportunities for organisations across the public, private and third sectors to help create sustainable jobs and boost economic growth in Wales. The following European Structural and Investment funds, worth £2.3bn, are delivered in partnership through the Welsh Government:
- European Regional Development Fund (external link) – helps new and existing businesses to grow and supports research and innovation, energy and infrastructure. Also includes the Territorial Co-operation programmes (external link).
- European Social Fund (external link) – helps increase skills and employment, tackle economic inactivity and poverty, and provide support for young people.
- European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development – improves competitiveness for farming and forestry, protects the environment and improves the quality of life and diversification of rural economies.
- European Agricultural Guarantee Fund - Direct Payments will pay agricultural businesses in Wales income support of around €260m a year.
- European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (external link) – implements the new Common Fisheries Policy and supports the development of sustainable fisheries and aquaculture.
Other EU funds programmes
Other EU funds totalling £110bn are available to you in Wales. Find out more about the funds and how you can apply for them.
- Horizon 2020 (external link) – promotes research and innovation by helping higher education and business to take their breakthrough discoveries from the lab to the market. Application support is available through SCoRE Cymru and the WEFO Horizon 2020 Unit.
- COSME (external link) – help to improve the Competitiveness of Enterprises and Small and Medium-sized Enterprises, by supporting them with better access to finance and markets.
- Erasmus+ (external link) – funding for education, training and youth focussing on international study, work, training, teaching and volunteering opportunities. Sport funding focusses on co-operation and activities in grassroots sport.
- Creative Europe (external link) – supports the cultural and creative sectors, enabling them to reach new audiences, develop skills for the digital age and safeguard cultural and linguistic diversity.
- Connecting Europe Facility (external link) – supports the development of high performing, sustainable and efficiently interconnected trans-European networks in the energy, telecommunications and transport fields.
- LIFE (external link) – funding for nature, biodiversity, conservation, environmental and climate change projects.
- EaSI (external link) – funding to promote social innovation and social policy experimentation, employment services and labour mobility, support for microcredit providers and access to finance for Social Enterprises.