Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
New £20m a year fund to help keep people out of hospital and in their own home
A new, £20m-a-year Welsh Government fund will support people in their own homes and local communities, reducing pressure on hospitals.
- New law to reduce homelessness comes into force
- Review of the legal sector in Wales commissioned to identify opportunities for growth
- New £20m a year fund to help keep people out of hospital and in their own home
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
- Consultation on guidance for commissioning substance misuse services
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper - Reforming Local Government: Power to Local People
- Interim non-statutory standards for sustainable drainage (SuDS) in Wales – designing, constructing, operating and maintaining surface water drainage systems
- Local Government (Wales) Measure 2009 – Part 1 Guidance to Fire and Rescue Authorities and Fire and Rescue Authorities Support and Intervention Protocol
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Blue Badge Scheme in Wales: Planned Changes to the Automatic Eligibility Criteria
The Blue Badge Disabled Parking Scheme enables disabled people to access services and facilities through a range of parking concessions.
Under current arrangements a Blue Badge can be issued, without the need for further assessment, to people receiving the Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (HRMCDLA). It is estimated that in Wales, around 40% of those people are issued with a Blue Badge under the automatic criteria and the majority of these receive HRMCDLA.
The UK Government is undertaking an extensive reform programme for all welfare benefits. The reform programme includes proposals to introduce Personal Independence Payment (PIP) from 2013 and this will replace Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for eligible working age claimants aged 16 to 64 years old. This is a non-devolved issue.
The Welsh Government has considered the impact of welfare reform and the move to PIP on automatic eligibility to the Blue Badge Scheme. This document is consulting on plans to link automatic eligibility criteria for a Blue Badge to the new PIP.
One of the priorities in the Action Plan for Modernising the Blue Badge Scheme is to extend the scheme to people with severe cognitive impairments. This document also sets out our plans for extending automatic eligibility to the scheme for people with severe cognitive impairments.
Responses from this consultation will be used to inform the Government's decision on how best to proceed.
This consultation applies to Wales only.
The consultation document is available to download below.
Search closed consultations:
Browse closed consultations:
Closing soon (9)
Recently closed (4)
Business and economy (7)
Culture and sport (4)
Education and skills (75)
Environment and countryside (142)
Finance and Law (4)
Health and social care (103)
Housing and Regeneration (25)
Improving public services (6)
Local government (29)
People and communities (46)
Welsh language (3)