Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
Wales outperforms England and Northern Ireland in reduced CO2 emission from recycling
Wales is the leading UK nation in recycling emissions saved per person.
- Lymphoedema specialist for children and young people in Wales is first in UK
- Tower of London Poppies: Welsh host venues wanted
- Wales outperforms England and Northern Ireland in reduced CO2 emission from recycling
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Proposed Changes to Non-Domestic Permitted Development Rights
Some minor development can be undertaken without needing planning permission. These are called Permitted Development Rights. These rights are allowed under the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 1995 (GPDO).
The proposed changes will:
- Allow businesses, educational institutions and hospitals to make more improvements and alterations to their premises without needing planning permission;
- Set conditions for permitted development rights so developments are carried out in a way that minimises impact on others and the environment, and;
- Place more restrictions on permitted development within World Heritage Sites.
A draft Regulatory Impact Assessment is available in Annex 1. It assesses the likely impacts of the proposals.
Search closed consultations:
Browse closed consultations:
Closing soon (1)
Recently closed (0)
Business and economy (7)
Culture and sport (4)
Education and skills (77)
Environment and countryside (146)
Finance and Law (6)
Health and social care (104)
Housing and Regeneration (27)
Improving public services (6)
Local government (30)
People and communities (47)
Welsh language (3)