Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
Wales outperforms England and Northern Ireland in reduced CO2 emission from recycling
Wales is the leading UK nation in recycling emissions saved per person.
- Lymphoedema specialist for children and young people in Wales is first in UK
- Tower of London Poppies: Welsh host venues wanted
- Wales outperforms England and Northern Ireland in reduced CO2 emission from recycling
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Proposed changes to Householder Permitted Development Rights
We want to make a number of changes to allow more improvements and to clarify what permitted development you can do. This consultation sets out these changes.
This consultation explains our proposals for changes to Part 1 of Schedule 2 to the GPDO about householder permitted development in Wales.
The proposed changes will:
- allow householders freedom to make more improvements and alterations within their property without planning permission
- set conditions for some permitted development rights so developments are carried out in a way that minimises impact on others, and takes account of flood prevention measures
- place more restrictions on permitted development within World Heritage Sites.
Proposed text for an Amendment Order – “The Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (Amendment) (Wales) Order XXXX” is available in Annex 1.
A draft Technical Guidance Document is available in Annex 2. This is designed to explain the proposed rules on permitted development for householders, what they mean and how they should be applied.
A draft Regulatory Impact Assessment is available in Annex 3. It assesses the likely impacts of the proposals to amend Part 1 to the GPDO.
Search closed consultations:
Browse closed consultations:
Closing soon (1)
Recently closed (0)
Business and economy (7)
Culture and sport (4)
Education and skills (77)
Environment and countryside (146)
Finance and Law (6)
Health and social care (104)
Housing and Regeneration (27)
Improving public services (6)
Local government (30)
People and communities (47)
Welsh language (3)