Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Recycling in Wales reaches record high
New provisional figures published today show recycling in Wales continues to increase and is at its highest ever recorded level.
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Flintshire healthcare project helping people stay independent
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
67 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Proposed changes to Householder Permitted Development Rights
We want to make a number of changes to allow more improvements and to clarify what permitted development you can do. This consultation sets out these changes.
This consultation explains our proposals for changes to Part 1 of Schedule 2 to the GPDO about householder permitted development in Wales.
The proposed changes will:
- allow householders freedom to make more improvements and alterations within their property without planning permission
- set conditions for some permitted development rights so developments are carried out in a way that minimises impact on others, and takes account of flood prevention measures
- place more restrictions on permitted development within World Heritage Sites.
Proposed text for an Amendment Order – “The Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (Amendment) (Wales) Order XXXX” is available in Annex 1.
A draft Technical Guidance Document is available in Annex 2. This is designed to explain the proposed rules on permitted development for householders, what they mean and how they should be applied.
A draft Regulatory Impact Assessment is available in Annex 3. It assesses the likely impacts of the proposals to amend Part 1 to the GPDO.
Search closed consultations:
Browse closed consultations:
Closing soon (1)
Recently closed (1)
Business and economy (0)
Culture and sport (0)
Education and skills (63)
Environment and countryside (85)
Finance and Law (7)
Health and social care (25)
Housing and Regeneration (16)
Improving public services (0)
Local government (6)
People and communities (10)
Science and technology (0)
Welsh language (4)