Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
A taste of Wales in London
“It is great to see our producers celebrating our patron Saint of Wales - St David and promoting their wonderful products in London. We have such a fine array of quality products here in Wales."
- St David’s Day in Dubai
- Across Wales young people find work thanks to Jobs Growth Wales
- A taste of Wales in London
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Developing a Landfill Disposals Tax
- Collection and publication of fire statistics
- Talk to me 2
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Teacher assessment: strengthening arrangements to improve reliability, consistency and confidence
Featured consultation »Use and effectiveness of Civil Sanctions for environmental offences
28 days left
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Proposed changes to Householder Permitted Development Rights
We want to make a number of changes to allow more improvements and to clarify what permitted development you can do. This consultation sets out these changes.
This consultation explains our proposals for changes to Part 1 of Schedule 2 to the GPDO about householder permitted development in Wales.
The proposed changes will:
- allow householders freedom to make more improvements and alterations within their property without planning permission
- set conditions for some permitted development rights so developments are carried out in a way that minimises impact on others, and takes account of flood prevention measures
- place more restrictions on permitted development within World Heritage Sites.
Proposed text for an Amendment Order – “The Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (Amendment) (Wales) Order XXXX” is available in Annex 1.
A draft Technical Guidance Document is available in Annex 2. This is designed to explain the proposed rules on permitted development for householders, what they mean and how they should be applied.
A draft Regulatory Impact Assessment is available in Annex 3. It assesses the likely impacts of the proposals to amend Part 1 to the GPDO.
Search closed consultations:
Browse closed consultations:
Closing soon (6)
Recently closed (2)
Business and economy (7)
Culture and sport (4)
Education and skills (72)
Environment and countryside (138)
Finance and Law (3)
Health and social care (100)
Housing and Regeneration (23)
Improving public services (6)
Local government (29)
People and communities (45)
Welsh language (3)