UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- Proposed Technical Advice Note (TAN) 24: The Historic Environment
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Proposed technical advice note 24: The historic environment
73 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Proposed changes to Householder Permitted Development Rights
We want to make a number of changes to allow more improvements and to clarify what permitted development you can do. This consultation sets out these changes.
This consultation explains our proposals for changes to Part 1 of Schedule 2 to the GPDO about householder permitted development in Wales.
The proposed changes will:
- allow householders freedom to make more improvements and alterations within their property without planning permission
- set conditions for some permitted development rights so developments are carried out in a way that minimises impact on others, and takes account of flood prevention measures
- place more restrictions on permitted development within World Heritage Sites.
Proposed text for an Amendment Order – “The Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (Amendment) (Wales) Order XXXX” is available in Annex 1.
A draft Technical Guidance Document is available in Annex 2. This is designed to explain the proposed rules on permitted development for householders, what they mean and how they should be applied.
A draft Regulatory Impact Assessment is available in Annex 3. It assesses the likely impacts of the proposals to amend Part 1 to the GPDO.
Search closed consultations:
Browse closed consultations:
Closing soon (0)
Recently closed (0)
Business and economy (0)
Culture and sport (0)
Education and skills (63)
Environment and countryside (84)
Finance and Law (7)
Health and social care (21)
Housing and Regeneration (16)
Improving public services (0)
Local government (6)
People and communities (10)
Science and technology (0)
Welsh language (4)