Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
Minister wants bigger role for National Parks
National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty are integral to Wales’ national identity and are recognised internationally.
- £6.2 million IT investment in North Wales healthcare
- Funding for new Life Sciences Innovation Village in Cardiff
- Minister wants bigger role for National Parks
- Consultation on Service Framework for the Treatment of People with a Co-occurring Mental Health and Substance Misuse Problem 2015
- Proposed changes to homelessness data collections
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Teacher assessment: strengthening arrangements to improve reliability, consistency and confidence
- Provisions for the proposed Firefighters’ Pension Scheme (Wales) 2015 and amendments to the Compensation and Pension Schemes 2007
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
The Local Authority (Joint Overview and Scrutiny Committees) (Wales) Regulations 2012, Statutory Guidance on Joint Overview and Scrutiny Committees and Statutory Guidance on Annual Reports
Purpose of the draft Regulations
These draft Regulations permit two or more local authorities to appoint a joint overview and scrutiny committee to make report or recommendations to any of the authorities or their executive about matter affecting their areas.
Purpose of Statutory Guidance
To give guidance to local authorities when appointing an overview and scrutiny committee and to give guidance to the joint committee when it is exercising its functions.
To give guidance to local authorities when making arrangements for elected members to publish an annual report.
Sections 58 of the Local Government Measure 2011 empowers the Welsh Ministers to make regulations to permit two or more local authorities to appoint a joint overview and scrutiny committee and to issue statutory guidance to which joint overview and scrutiny committees must have regard when exercising its functions.
Section 5 empowers the Welsh Ministers to issue statutory guidance to which local authorities must have regard when making arrangements for the production of annual reports under section 5.
Extent and application
This subordinate legislation will apply to Wales only.
Search open consultations:
Browse open consultations:
Closing soon (6)
Recently added (10)
Business and economy (0)
Culture and sport (0)
Education and skills (4)
Environment and countryside (6)
Finance and Law (3)
Health and social care (2)
Housing and Regeneration (2)
Improving public services (0)
Local government (1)
People and communities (2)
Welsh language (0)