Launching Saundersfoot Harbour to international success
The Deputy Minister for Culture, Sport and Tourism Ken Skates has officially opened phase 1 of the redevelopment of Saundersfoot Harbour.
- New system for emergency ambulance services to prioritise patients in most need of care
- Minister visits pioneering dementia care project in Raglan
- Launching Saundersfoot Harbour to international success
- Revisions to the Waste Duty of Care Code of Practice
- The Welsh Language Tribunal - Practice Directions
- Fire and Rescue National Framework 2016 onwards
- Statutory Guidance about sewerage undertakers duty to connect properties to the public sewerage system ( under Section 101A of the Water Industry Act 1991)
- Draft revised guidance on disciplinary and dismissal procedures for school staff
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the code of practice in relation to part 10 (Complaints, Representations and Advocacy Services) of the Act
Featured consultation »Prevention of Pollution (Oil Storage) (Wales) Regulations
55 days left
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Providing Support for Council Tax in Wales
In the Spending Review 2010, the UK Government announced that it would localise support for council tax from 2013-14 and reduce expenditure by 10 per cent.
From 31 March 2013 council tax benefit in its current form will come to an end and the provision of support for council tax and the funding associated with it, will be devolved to local authorities in England, to the Scottish Government and to the Welsh Government.
Therefore the Welsh Government must work in conjunction with local government to design and implement a new scheme in sufficient time to provide council tax support for those on low incomes or in vulnerable groups, by 1 April 2013.
This consultation sets out the policy, financial and operational considerations related to providing support for council tax in Wales and expectations about how any new scheme could operate.
The document asks for the views of local authorities, advisory groups, representative bodies, the third sector and others who may be affected by these changes, to help the Welsh Government decide on the policy and delivery options for introducing a new scheme to provide council tax support in Wales.
Your views are welcomed on all aspects of the proposed approach set out in the document, in addition to the specific questions asked.
What changes to support for council tax could mean for you
If you are not currently entitled to council tax benefit, then nothing will change for you.
If you do receive council tax benefit, there may be changes which will affect you from April 2013:
- Some changes could affect how you claim support with your council tax bill;
- Some changes could affect how much support you can claim, or whether you receive any support at all, and therefore how much council tax you are expected to pay.
This document is not about how much council tax you should pay. It is about how a new system should be designed and operated to help those who need support to meet their council tax bill.
Search closed consultations:
Browse closed consultations:
Closing soon (8)
Recently closed (1)
Business and economy (7)
Culture and sport (4)
Education and skills (79)
Environment and countryside (149)
Finance and Law (6)
Health and social care (104)
Housing and Regeneration (27)
Improving public services (7)
Local government (32)
People and communities (50)
Welsh language (3)