Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
The Education Secretary Kirsty Williams has offered her congratulations to students across Wales celebrating their GCSE and Welsh Baccalaureate results today.
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
65 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Carbon Reduction Commitment Energy Efficiency (CRC) scheme
The CRC is a mandatory and UK-wide scheme. It covers large business and public sector bodies, who together produce 12% of UK carbon emissions.
This is a joint consultation between:
- the UK Government;
- the Welsh Government; and
- other devolved administrations.
The new plans aim to:
- reduce bureaucracy;
- deliver savings; and
- maintain the benefits of the scheme.
The simplifications include:
- shortening the qualification process;
- reducing the fuels covered;
- reducing the reporting required;
- reducing the time participants have to keep records;
- removing the requirement on facilities to purchase CRC allowances;
- adopting new emissions factors; and
- moving the detailed metrics from legislation to government guidance.
The consultation will run for twelve weeks.
The CRC legislation will be amended by April 2013.
The consultation document is available on the Department of Energy and Climate Change website.
Search closed consultations:
Browse closed consultations:
Closing soon (1)
Recently closed (1)
Business and economy (0)
Culture and sport (0)
Education and skills (63)
Environment and countryside (85)
Finance and Law (7)
Health and social care (25)
Housing and Regeneration (16)
Improving public services (0)
Local government (6)
People and communities (10)
Science and technology (0)
Welsh language (4)