UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- A future demand-led fuel poverty scheme to succeed Welsh Government Warm Homes - Nest
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Improving services for Welsh speakers in the health sector
79 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Consultation on UK recovery and recycling targets for packaging waste for 2013-2017
The Producer Responsibility Obligations Regulations on packaging waste came into force on 16 March 2007. This is a joint consultation on the new targets by:
- the Department of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra);
- the Scottish Government; and
- the Welsh Government.
Since 1997, the UK has had a statutory producer responsibility scheme for packaging recycling, which implements the European Packaging Directive. This scheme deals with packaging at the end of its life in a way that is better for the environment and natural resources than sending it to landfill. It does this by setting minimum recycling and recovery targets on UK businesses in the packaging supply chain.
The current targets run until 2012. We want your views on proposals for new recovery and recycling targets that will run from 1 January 2013 for five years.
This consultation closed on 10 February 2012 and sought views on UK packaging targets for 2013-2017.
On 21 March 2012 the new UK packaging targets were announced as part of the Budget. Further information on the targets and a summary of the responses can be found below.
You can also view the UK packaging waste recovery and recycling targets for 2013-17 on the Defra website.
Search closed consultations:
Browse closed consultations:
Closing soon (0)
Recently closed (0)
Business and economy (0)
Culture and sport (0)
Education and skills (63)
Environment and countryside (84)
Finance and Law (7)
Health and social care (23)
Housing and Regeneration (16)
Improving public services (0)
Local government (6)
People and communities (10)
Science and technology (0)
Welsh language (4)