Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
Minister wants bigger role for National Parks
National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty are integral to Wales’ national identity and are recognised internationally.
- £6.2 million IT investment in North Wales healthcare
- Funding for new Life Sciences Innovation Village in Cardiff
- Minister wants bigger role for National Parks
- Consultation on Service Framework for the Treatment of People with a Co-occurring Mental Health and Substance Misuse Problem 2015
- Proposed changes to homelessness data collections
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Provisions for the proposed Firefighters’ Pension Scheme (Wales) 2015 and amendments to the Compensation and Pension Schemes 2007
- Draft National Transport Plan 2015
- Consultation on the Draft National Assembly for Wales (Disqualification) Order 2015
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Consultation on UK recovery and recycling targets for packaging waste for 2013-2017
The Producer Responsibility Obligations Regulations on packaging waste came into force on 16 March 2007. This is a joint consultation on the new targets by:
- the Department of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra);
- the Scottish Government; and
- the Welsh Government.
Since 1997, the UK has had a statutory producer responsibility scheme for packaging recycling, which implements the European Packaging Directive. This scheme deals with packaging at the end of its life in a way that is better for the environment and natural resources than sending it to landfill. It does this by setting minimum recycling and recovery targets on UK businesses in the packaging supply chain.
The current targets run until 2012. We want your views on proposals for new recovery and recycling targets that will run from 1 January 2013 for five years.
This consultation closed on 10 February 2012 and sought views on UK packaging targets for 2013-2017.
On 21 March 2012 the new UK packaging targets were announced as part of the Budget. Further information on the targets and a summary of the responses can be found below.
You can also view the UK packaging waste recovery and recycling targets for 2013-17 on the Defra website.
Search closed consultations:
Browse closed consultations:
Closing soon (4)
Recently closed (3)
Business and economy (7)
Culture and sport (4)
Education and skills (73)
Environment and countryside (139)
Finance and Law (3)
Health and social care (101)
Housing and Regeneration (23)
Improving public services (6)
Local government (29)
People and communities (45)
Welsh language (3)