Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
Wales outperforms England and Northern Ireland in reduced CO2 emission from recycling
Wales is the leading UK nation in recycling emissions saved per person.
- Lymphoedema specialist for children and young people in Wales is first in UK
- Tower of London Poppies: Welsh host venues wanted
- Wales outperforms England and Northern Ireland in reduced CO2 emission from recycling
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Marine Strategy Framework Directive Consultation: UK Initial Assessment and proposals for Good Environmental Status
This is a joint consultation between:
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra)
- the Northern Ireland Executive
- the Scottish Government
- the Welsh Government.
The Directive requires Member States to take measures to achieve or maintain Good Environmental Status (GES) for their seas by 2020. GES involves:
- protecting the marine environment
- preventing its deterioration
- restoring it where practical
- using marine resources sustainably.
We want your views on:
- the first stages of implementation
- a draft assessment of the state of the UK’s seas
- proposals for UK characteristics of GES
- proposals for UK targets and indicators of GES
- an impact assessment setting out potential implications of the proposed GES targets and indicators.
We will consult later on proposals for the UK monitoring programmes and measures for achieving GES.The summary of responses can be seen on the Gov.uk website (external link)
Search open consultations:
Browse open consultations:
Closing soon (1)
Recently added (10)
Business and economy (0)
Culture and sport (0)
Education and skills (2)
Environment and countryside (4)
Finance and Law (0)
Health and social care (4)
Housing and Regeneration (0)
Improving public services (1)
Local government (2)
People and communities (4)
Welsh language (0)