Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
Lymphoedema specialist for children and young people in Wales is first in UK
Services for children and young people with lymphoedema will be improved as a new dedicated national paediatric specialist post is created in the Welsh NHS.
- Deputy Health Minister praises North Wales midwives and NHS volunteers
- £6m to help older people live independently in their home
- Lymphoedema specialist for children and young people in Wales is first in UK
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Proposals for a draft Control of Dogs (Wales) Bill
The Welsh Government wants to improve dog welfare by promoting responsible ownership to prevent dogs from becoming out of control. As part of our Road Map on Dog Welfare, we want to identify dogs before they become out of control.
This consultation is asking for views on the content of a Bill which aims to:
- Address the issues of out of control dogs;
- Introduce a new enforcement mechanism; and
- Lead to more responsible dog ownership
- Making changes to the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 to make it an an offence for a dog to be dangerously out of control anywhere in Wales including private property. The existing law only applies to public property and private places where the dog is not allowed to be. We also propose to amend this Act to make it an offence for a dog to attack certain other animals;
- To encourage more responsible dog ownership through training, and issuing dog control notices (DCN’s) where appropriate
Children and young people
We are keen to hear from children and young people and their views on this proposed new law. There is a children and young people’s version of the consultation document below.
Search closed consultations:
Browse closed consultations:
Closing soon (1)
Recently closed (1)
Business and economy (7)
Culture and sport (4)
Education and skills (77)
Environment and countryside (146)
Finance and Law (6)
Health and social care (104)
Housing and Regeneration (27)
Improving public services (6)
Local government (30)
People and communities (47)
Welsh language (3)