Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Recycling in Wales reaches record high
New provisional figures published today show recycling in Wales continues to increase and is at its highest ever recorded level.
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Flintshire healthcare project helping people stay independent
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
68 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Reform of the registration and approval of Independent Schools in respect of special education needs
It proposes the removal of section 347 of the Education Act 1996 which concerns the placement of children with SEN statements in independent schools in Wales. This is deemed no longer necessary in light of the existence of section 160 of the Education Act 2002.
Independent schools that admit pupils with statements of SEN must be approved by the Welsh Ministers under section 347 of the Education Act 1996. Any establishment wishing to operate as an independent school must apply to the Welsh Ministers under section 160 of the Education Act.
The Welsh Government is consulting on the proposal to repeal section 347, in view of the existing provisions under section 160, and on proposed measures to be put in place to support this legislative change.
The proposal to reform the current arrangements gives due regard the timely changes being considered under the consultation on the reform of the current SEN legal framework.
Search closed consultations:
Browse closed consultations:
Closing soon (1)
Recently closed (1)
Business and economy (0)
Culture and sport (0)
Education and skills (63)
Environment and countryside (85)
Finance and Law (7)
Health and social care (25)
Housing and Regeneration (16)
Improving public services (0)
Local government (6)
People and communities (10)
Science and technology (0)
Welsh language (4)