Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
New service to help people across Wales save on energy, waste and water
The Welsh Government has launched a marketing campaign to urge the public to contact the Welsh Government’s Resource Efficient Wales helpline.
- Plan unveiled to signpost visitors to Welsh culinary gems
- Ground-breaking Acts receive Royal Assent
- New service to help people across Wales save on energy, waste and water
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
- Consultation on guidance for commissioning substance misuse services
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Tax devolution in Wales - Consultation on a Land Transaction Tax
- Consultation on the Regulation of Private Housing (Information, Periods and Fees for Registration and Licensing) (Wales) Regulations 2015
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Requirements for the provision of initial teacher training courses in Wales - numeracy and literacy issues
This would introduce revised requirements for the provision of initial teacher training courses in Wales. They would include statutory requirements for the assessment of trainees’ personal literacy and numeracy skills. They would ensure that the teaching of literacy and numeracy forms an integral part of initial teacher training courses. The proposals include a number of supporting changes and updating amendments.
The consultation also proposes similar changes to the Employment-based Teacher Training Scheme. We aim to ensure that the approach to literacy and numeracy in Initial Teacher Training is on the same basis whether it is undertaken through university courses or through school based training.
Search closed consultations:
Browse closed consultations:
Closing soon (6)
Recently closed (4)
Business and economy (7)
Culture and sport (4)
Education and skills (76)
Environment and countryside (143)
Finance and Law (4)
Health and social care (103)
Housing and Regeneration (25)
Improving public services (6)
Local government (30)
People and communities (47)
Welsh language (3)