Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
Minister wants bigger role for National Parks
National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty are integral to Wales’ national identity and are recognised internationally.
- £6.2 million IT investment in North Wales healthcare
- Funding for new Life Sciences Innovation Village in Cardiff
- Minister wants bigger role for National Parks
- Consultation on Service Framework for the Treatment of People with a Co-occurring Mental Health and Substance Misuse Problem 2015
- Proposed changes to homelessness data collections
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Teacher assessment: strengthening arrangements to improve reliability, consistency and confidence
- Provisions for the proposed Firefighters’ Pension Scheme (Wales) 2015 and amendments to the Compensation and Pension Schemes 2007
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Further and Higher Education (Wales) Bill
The proposals for further education are a result of the recent action taken by the Office for National Statistics to reclassify further education colleges as part of central government for the purpose of National Accounts.
The higher education proposals reflect the Programme for Government commitments and the introduction of new higher education funding and student support arrangements.
We are proposing provisions for the following areas:
Further Education (FE)
instrument and articles of government
dissolution and mergers of corporations
greater freedom for colleges to borrow funds
intervention by the Welsh Government.
Higher Education (HE)
reform of functions for the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales
powers of direct funding of higher education provision to support partnership and collaborative activity
quality assurance and enhancement of higher education provision
strengthening the learner voice, access arrangements and dispute resolution procedures in higher education.
It is intended that these proposals will form a FE and HE (Wales) Bill that will be introduced in 2013.
Summary of responses
Search closed consultations:
Browse closed consultations:
Closing soon (6)
Recently closed (1)
Business and economy (7)
Culture and sport (4)
Education and skills (72)
Environment and countryside (138)
Finance and Law (3)
Health and social care (101)
Housing and Regeneration (23)
Improving public services (6)
Local government (29)
People and communities (45)
Welsh language (3)