Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Supporting People budget protected
The Supporting People budget for local authorities in 2017-18 has been protected at the same level as this year.
- First Minister celebrates the inspiring winners of the 2017 St David Awards
- Welsh Government confirms commitment to £1bn of innovative investment in infrastructure
- Supporting People budget protected
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Environment Bill - White Paper
This White Paper sets out proposals for the Environment (Wales) Bill. This Bill will ensure that we have the right legislative framework to manage our natural resources in a joined-up way, as committed in the Programme for Government. This includes proposals for a new area-based planning approach to natural resource management. This is intended to complement existing and proposed planning and sustainable development laws to deliver economic, social and environmental benefits for Wales.
We held a consultation in 2012 on the Sustaining a Living Wales Green Paper which showed broad support for a fresh approach to the planning and management of natural resources in Wales. This White Paper builds on the responses to the Green Paper to set out more fully legislative proposals for natural resource management.
The White Paper sets out how we will take steps to:
- join-up the existing statutory frameworks for natural resource planning and management in Wales
- ensure Natural Resources Wales has the legislative tools to help enable them to implement integrated natural resource management
- take actions to ensure Wales’ natural resources are used to best effect and reduce waste
- simplify, streamline and clarify the law for a number of existing environmental regulatory regimes.
You can watch the Minister introduce the consultation (external link) on YouTube.The summary of consultation responses to the White Paper was published on 26 March 2014.
Summary of responses
Search closed consultations:
Browse closed consultations:
Closing soon (0)
Recently closed (0)
Business and economy (0)
Culture and sport (0)
Education and skills (0)
Environment and countryside (0)
Finance and Law (0)
Health and social care (0)
Housing and Regeneration (0)
Improving public services (0)
Local government (0)
People and communities (0)
Science and technology (0)
Welsh language (0)