Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Carl Sargeant welcomes Help to Buy success
Since the introduction of the Help to Buy Wales scheme in 2014 a total of 4,949 property purchases were completed using a Welsh Government Help to Buy-Wales shared equity loan.
- New funding lays the foundations for Wales Co-operative Housing initiative
- Avian Influenza Prevention Zone to end on 30 April
- Carl Sargeant welcomes Help to Buy success
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
What are public appointments?
Our public bodies need board members who reflect Welsh society - people from all walks of life. Public appointments are usually for members of committees which advise, monitor and take decisions on public services across Wales, both locally and nationally.
You can apply to organisations that include:
- public bodies, eg Arts Council of Wales, National Museum Wales
- regulatory bodies, eg Care Council for Wales, Education Workforce Council
- advisory and specialist bodies, eg Advisory Panel on Substance Misuse, Welsh Food Advisory Committee
You could help run these organisations and offer advice, drawing on your own experience. Some positions are unpaid, but most will cover your expenses.
Some appointments processes are regulated by the Commissioner for Public Appointments (external website).
A short video about Public Appointments can be found on the Public Commissioners website (external website).