Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
£144 million investment in 52,000 apprenticeships
A £144 million EU and Welsh Government investment to fund over 50,000 apprenticeships in Wales has been announced by the First Minister, Carwyn Jones.
- Wales’ best interests lie in a prosperous Europe says First Minister
- Extra investment to support veterans in Wales
- £144 million investment in 52,000 apprenticeships
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
- Consultation on guidance for commissioning substance misuse services
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper - Reforming Local Government: Power to Local People
- Interim non-statutory standards for sustainable drainage (SuDS) in Wales – designing, constructing, operating and maintaining surface water drainage systems
- Local Government (Wales) Measure 2009 – Part 1 Guidance to Fire and Rescue Authorities and Fire and Rescue Authorities Support and Intervention Protocol
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
If you are looking for a new career then a job in the Welsh Government is a great place to start.We have a clear vision of the country we want to create and our work makes a real difference to every aspect of life in Wales.
The Welsh Government acknowledges the importance of developing and growing its bilingual workforce, and welcomes applications for any post from candidates who demonstrate their capability to work in both English and Welsh.
Equal Opportunities Statement
It is our policy to promote and integrate equality of opportunity into all aspects of our business including appointments.
We welcome and encourage applications from groups currently underrepresented including women, black and ethnic minority groups and people with a disability. The principles of fair and open competition apply. We make appointments based on merit; political activity does not form any part of the criteria for appointment.
We pride ourselves as being an employer of choice, an organisation in which people want to work and are proud to work. For this reason, we have put the principles of human rights, equality, fairness, dignity and respect at the heart of our values.