Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
A major new campaign to promote Wales as an excellent place for doctors, including GPs, and their families, to train, work and live has been launched by First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones.
- Vaughan Gething confirms £18m investment in the new SuRNICC
- ‘Positive parenting’ campaign set to hit the big screen
- Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Welsh Government responsibilities
These areas include:
- local government
- economic development
- social services
- Welsh language
- agriculture and rural affairs.
The role of the Welsh Government is to:
- make decisions on matters regarding these areas, for Wales as a whole
- develop policies and implement them
- propose Welsh laws (Assembly Bills).
The Welsh Government has a budget of more than £15 bn, of which more than £5 bn goes to the NHS in Wales and more than £4 bn directly to local authorities which deliver many other services.
The UK Government is still responsible for certain public services in Wales, for example, police, prisons and the justice system. Matters such as tax and benefits, defence, national security and foreign affairs are also dealt with by the UK Government.