Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Health Secretary connects with NHS Wales staff
Health Service employees in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan will be first in Wales to get an opportunity to ask Mr Gething questions.
- Extra £7 million for innovative all-Wales autism service
- New EU project to enhance coastal infrastructure in Wales and Ireland
- Health Secretary connects with NHS Wales staff
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Welsh Government responsibilities
These areas include:
- local government
- economic development
- social services
- Welsh language
- agriculture and rural affairs.
The role of the Welsh Government is to:
- make decisions on matters regarding these areas, for Wales as a whole
- develop policies and implement them
- propose Welsh laws (Assembly Bills).
The Welsh Government has a budget of more than £15 bn, of which more than £5 bn goes to the NHS in Wales and more than £4 bn directly to local authorities which deliver many other services.
The UK Government is still responsible for certain public services in Wales, for example, police, prisons and the justice system. Matters such as tax and benefits, defence, national security and foreign affairs are also dealt with by the UK Government.