Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Mark Drakeford announces details of High Street Rates Relief Scheme
Mark Drakeford today announced details of a £10m targeted relief scheme to provide extra support for high street businesses across Wales from April.
- Ken Skates visits Chongqing and Shanghai to cement Welsh links with China
- New innovation fund launched
- Mark Drakeford announces details of High Street Rates Relief Scheme
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.
Welsh Government responsibilities
These areas include:
- local government
- economic development
- social services
- Welsh language
- agriculture and rural affairs.
The role of the Welsh Government is to:
- make decisions on matters regarding these areas, for Wales as a whole
- develop policies and implement them
- propose Welsh laws (Assembly Bills).
The Welsh Government has a budget of more than £15 bn, of which more than £5 bn goes to the NHS in Wales and more than £4 bn directly to local authorities which deliver many other services.
The UK Government is still responsible for certain public services in Wales, for example, police, prisons and the justice system. Matters such as tax and benefits, defence, national security and foreign affairs are also dealt with by the UK Government.