Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
Wales outperforms England and Northern Ireland in reduced CO2 emission from recycling
Wales is the leading UK nation in recycling emissions saved per person.
- Lymphoedema specialist for children and young people in Wales is first in UK
- Tower of London Poppies: Welsh host venues wanted
- Wales outperforms England and Northern Ireland in reduced CO2 emission from recycling
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
The future of devolution in Wales
The Silk Commission was established by the UK Government in October 2011 to review the financial and constitutional arrangements in Wales. Its 1st report (November 2012) deals with the Assembly’s financial powers. The 2nd report (March 2014), addresses the Assembly’s non-financial powers and has 61 recommendations.
The recommendations include:
- a new Government of Wales Act with the introduction of a reserved powers model of devolution by 2021
- enhanced powers in areas such as water, transport, energy and elections
- new powers over policing and youth justice
- improved inter-governmental relations.
The Welsh Government supports the direction of the Report which provides a sound basis for the evolutionary reform of the devolution settlement.
The Welsh Government’s response to the Silk Commission’s 2nd report was published on 1st July 2014.
For further information visit the Commission on Devolution in Wales (external link).