Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Out of Work Service funding extended until 2020
Social Services and Public Health Minister, Rebecca Evans has announced an extension of funding for the Out of Work Service programme to August 2020.
- Carwyn Connect heads to Penygraig
- Welsh Government funding helps children get a Flying Start
- Out of Work Service funding extended until 2020
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Headed by the First Minister of Wales, the Welsh Government is responsible for areas such as health, education, language and culture and public services.
The Welsh Government is separate from the British Government, which retains responsibility for UK-wide areas such as tax, defence, foreign policy and benefits. Wales’ voice in the UK Government is represented by the Secretary of State for Wales in the Wales Office (external link).
What we do
The Welsh Government is elected by the people of Wales to carry out a programme of government. This involves making decisions and ensuring delivery on the areas devolved to us (as set out in Schedule 7 of the Government of Wales Act 2006).
We do this by:
- developing and implementing policies
- setting up and directing delivery and governance in these key areas, such as local government and the NHS in Wales
- proposing Welsh laws (Assembly Bills) and making subordinate legislation (e.g. regulations and statutory guidance).
We also directly fund Welsh Government Sponsored Bodies.
Who we are
The First Minister of Wales heads the Welsh Government. Together with Welsh Ministers and the Counsel General they form the Cabinet.