Edwina Hart welcomes production venture to boost international film and TV production in Wales by £100m
- 150 year bond with Patagonia strong and lasting says First Minister
- First Minister launches new Young Persons Discounted Travel Scheme and upgraded TrawsCymru T3 Service
- Edwina Hart welcomes production venture to boost international film and TV production in Wales by £100m
- Revisions to the Waste Duty of Care Code of Practice
- The Welsh Language Tribunal - Practice Directions
- Fire and Rescue National Framework 2016 onwards
- Healthcare Inspectorate Wales - Strategic Plan 2015-18
- Statutory Guidance about sewerage undertakers duty to connect properties to the public sewerage system ( under Section 101A of the Water Industry Act 1991)
- Draft revised guidance on disciplinary and dismissal procedures for school staff
Featured consultation »Draft Additional Learning Needs and Education Tribunal (Wales) Bill
143 days left
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
History of First Ministers of Wales
The First Minister’s post was originally known as First Secretary following the establishment of the National Assembly for Wales in 1999, but became known as First Minister in 2000. Since May 2007, following the 2006 Government of Wales Act, the title was formally renamed First Minister of Wales and the First Minister was made ‘Keeper of the Welsh Seal’.
The First Secretaries were Alun Michael from 12 May 1999 - February 2000 and Rhodri Morgan from February 2000 until October 2000.
First Ministers to date include Rhodri Morgan from October 2000 until December 2009 when he was succeeded by Carwyn Jones.