Layla – accompanied by her hawk ’Shaka’ – will tell National Mentoring Day how mentoring gave her business a flying start
A business woman who runs a UK wide avian pest control company from Mid Wales will be in Cardiff today - with her hawk.
- Exciting plans in store for Porth Teigr
- Best ambulance performance in a year – Vaughan Gething
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- Layla – accompanied by her hawk ’Shaka’ – will tell National Mentoring Day how mentoring gave her business a flying start
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
First Minister of Wales
The First Minister of Wales is the leader of the Welsh Government and is appointed by HM the Queen following nomination by Assembly Members.
The First Minister's responsibilities include:
- appointing the Cabinet of Welsh Ministers, Deputy Ministers and the Counsel General (with the approval of Her Majesty) who comprise the Welsh Government
- chairing Cabinet meetings and exercising the functions of the Welsh Government
- leading policy development and delivery
- managing relationships with the rest of the UK and internationally
- representing the people of Wales on official business
The official office of the First Minister is in Ty Hywel and the Senedd in Cardiff Bay. An office is also kept at the Crown Buildings in Cathays Park, Cardiff, where nearly half of all Welsh Government civil servants are based.
You can contact Carwyn Jones by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org (We aim to provide a response to all correspondence to the First Minister within 17 working days.)