Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Mark Drakeford announces details of High Street Rates Relief Scheme
Mark Drakeford today announced details of a £10m targeted relief scheme to provide extra support for high street businesses across Wales from April.
- Ken Skates visits Chongqing and Shanghai to cement Welsh links with China
- New innovation fund launched
- Mark Drakeford announces details of High Street Rates Relief Scheme
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.
First Minister of Wales
The First Minister of Wales is the leader of the Welsh Government and is appointed by HM the Queen following nomination by Assembly Members.
The First Minister's responsibilities include:
- appointing the Cabinet of Welsh Ministers, Deputy Ministers and the Counsel General (with the approval of Her Majesty) who comprise the Welsh Government
- chairing Cabinet meetings and exercising the functions of the Welsh Government
- leading policy development and delivery
- managing relationships with the rest of the UK and internationally
- representing the people of Wales on official business
The official office of the First Minister is in Ty Hywel and the Senedd in Cardiff Bay. An office is also kept at the Crown Buildings in Cathays Park, Cardiff, where nearly half of all Welsh Government civil servants are based.
You can contact Carwyn Jones by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org (We aim to provide a response to all correspondence to the First Minister within 17 working days.)