First Minister announces major investment for steel in Wales
First Minister Carwyn Jones has announced the next tranche in a series of major investments as part of an ongoing programme of support to secure the long term future of the Tata steel works in Wales.
- Attainment gap for those on free school meals closes again
- Significant fall in diagnostics and therapy waits in Wales
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- First Minister announces major investment for steel in Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Achievement and entitlement to free school meals
- Delayed transfers of care
- Evaluation of the Foundation Phase Flexibility Pilot Scheme
- Farm incomes
- NHS diagnostic and therapy service waiting times
- Process evaluation of the Parents, Childcare and Employment (PaCE) Project
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Welsh Government Civil Service
The core strengths of the civil service – political neutrality; efficient administration; good governance and sound management of public funds – have provided a solid foundation that has enabled us to build the well-established organisation that now supports the Welsh Government.
We have a skilled and experienced workforce of 5000+ people located across Wales, close to the communities we serve.
Supporting ministers to deliver for Wales
Our main challenge in the years ahead will be how effectively we can support Welsh ministers through the next stage of the devolution journey, whilst focussing relentlessly on the delivery of the Programme for Government.