Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
The Education Secretary Kirsty Williams has offered her congratulations to students across Wales celebrating their GCSE and Welsh Baccalaureate results today.
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
65 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Written Statement - Yes Loans Ltd.
I am writing to provide an update on recent events regarding Yes Loans Ltd, Cwmbran.
Following a longstanding investigation by the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) into unfair business practices at Yes Loans, the OFT announced on 8 March its decision to revoke the company’s consumer credit license.
Yes Loans is an unsecured credit broker, providing 'pay day loans', Personal Protection Insurance and managing claims activity. The company employs some 520 staff at its Cwmbran offices.
The decision to revoke the license was taken in light of evidence that Yes Loans has failed to comply with the Consumer Credit Act 1974, associated regulations and with requirements previously imposed by the OFT. It is possible for the company to appeal this decision and can continue trading throughout any appeals process.
We are working closely with the company as this issue develops and stand ready to provide support for its workforce should there be any adverse impact on jobs.