UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- A future demand-led fuel poverty scheme to succeed Welsh Government Warm Homes - Nest
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Improving services for Welsh speakers in the health sector
79 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Written Statement - Green Paper – Working Together for Wales: The Public Service Workforce
I have today launched a Green Paper - Working Together for Wales: The Public Service Workforce to seek views on proposals to deliver the ambitions for the Public Service Workforce set out in Working Together for Wales – A Strategic Framework for the Public Service Workforce in Wales.
The Framework sets out a vision of a Wales-wide public service which fully recognises the dedication and excellence of the public service workforce understanding that trust and confidence are crucial to high performing services. It is partnered by this Green Paper on the Public Service Workforce.
In order to meet the objectives set out in the Strategic Framework the Green Paper proposes legislation in the following areas:
- The ability by Welsh Ministers to issue statutory guidance on matters affecting the devolved public service workforce including a process to govern the adoption of agreements which arise out of the Workforce Partnership Council
- A duty on devolved public service organisations to promote and apply partnership working as it affects workforce matters
- A Two-Tier and TUPE (Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations) code for devolved public services organisations in Wales
The consultation will end on 31 July 2012 and I will be considering responses to determine the next steps.