Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Fewer people dying of cardiovascular disease in Wales, according to new report
The report also shows that fewer people are suffering from heart disease, are being treated quicker, and more lives are being saved through early diagnosis.
- Consultation on National Strategy to tackle Violence against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence
- Kirsty Williams congratulates A-level and Welsh Baccalaureate students
- Fewer people dying of cardiovascular disease in Wales, according to new report
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
69 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Written Statement - Referral of Ofcom’s Welsh Language Scheme to Welsh Ministers under section 14 of the Welsh Language Act 1993
I have today written to the Welsh Language Board and Ofcom to inform both parties that I have decided to exercise the Welsh Ministers’ powers under section 14(4) of the 1993 Act and requested both parties to try to reach agreement on the terms of Ofcom’s Welsh language scheme within one month of the date of the letter.
If agreement cannot be reached, I am minded to exercise Welsh Ministers’ powers under section 14(5) of the 1993 Act to impose a scheme which includes an appropriately worded measure about Ofcom considering the Welsh language when carrying out its functions involving services to the public, both generally and including as an aspect of “local material” in the Localness Guidelines.