Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
The Education Secretary Kirsty Williams has offered her congratulations to students across Wales celebrating their GCSE and Welsh Baccalaureate results today.
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
66 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Written Statement on the Living Wage in the Devolved Welsh Public Services
It is the policy of the Welsh Government to support lower paid staff because we know that fair pay can not only help promote productivity and morale at work, but also support good health and family life. We are also concerned with addressing the ongoing challenges of in-work poverty.
In line with the manifesto, Welsh Government has achieved the UK Living Wage level of £7.20 per hour for every employee, other than apprentices, directly employed in the Welsh Government civil service and the NHS.
I will shortly convene a group of stakeholders with an interest in a living wage for Wales, including the CBI, the Joseph Rowntree Foundation, the Wales TUC and Save the Children to explore how a living wage for Wales could secure our policy ambitions.