UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
A £7.3m EU-backed scheme to boost the career prospects of students from disadvantaged backgrounds has been announced.
- Children encouraged to join the Big Friendly Read this summer
- Best ambulance response times since start of pilot - all LHBs in Wales meet target for first time
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
- A future demand-led fuel poverty scheme to succeed Welsh Government Warm Homes - Nest
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Improving services for Welsh speakers in the health sector
76 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Written Statement - Progress of the inter-governmental talks on funding reform
On 17 April I met the Chief Secretary to the Treasury to discuss the progress of the ongoing talks on funding reform.
We noted the progress that has been made in developing a shared understanding of the evidence base. We also agreed that officials from the two Governments will continue to work closely together in the coming weeks. The aim is for that work to be completed before summer recess and the Chief Secretary and I will meet again at that time to consider the way forward, in advance of the Silk Commission’s report on fiscal devolution that is due to be published later in the year.
The Chief Secretary and I reaffirmed the commitment of both Governments to constructive engagement on all issues relating to financial reform. We agreed that the Welsh financial settlement should provide fairness and accountability for Wales within a strong United Kingdom.