UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- Proposed Technical Advice Note (TAN) 24: The Historic Environment
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Proposed technical advice note 24: The historic environment
69 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Written Statement - Devolution of Licensing and Quota for Fishing Vessels through the UK Fisheries Concordat
In my Statement on the Welsh Fisheries Strategy on 27 March 2012, I informed members that negotiations were progressing well to reach an agreement that will enable the respective devolved administrations to fully manage licensing and quota for their respective fishing vessels. Licensing and quota were the remaining elements of fisheries management that were not fully devolved.
I am pleased to inform members that those negotiations have now been concluded and I have reached agreement on the concordat which sets in motion plans to devolve licensing of Welsh vessels to Welsh Ministers from 1 October 2012, and for the Welsh Ministers to manage quota associated with Welsh vessels from January 2013.