Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
The Education Secretary Kirsty Williams has offered her congratulations to students across Wales celebrating their GCSE and Welsh Baccalaureate results today.
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
64 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Written Statement - Devolution of Licensing and Quota for Fishing Vessels through the UK Fisheries Concordat
In my Statement on the Welsh Fisheries Strategy on 27 March 2012, I informed members that negotiations were progressing well to reach an agreement that will enable the respective devolved administrations to fully manage licensing and quota for their respective fishing vessels. Licensing and quota were the remaining elements of fisheries management that were not fully devolved.
I am pleased to inform members that those negotiations have now been concluded and I have reached agreement on the concordat which sets in motion plans to devolve licensing of Welsh vessels to Welsh Ministers from 1 October 2012, and for the Welsh Ministers to manage quota associated with Welsh vessels from January 2013.