Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
The Education Secretary Kirsty Williams has offered her congratulations to students across Wales celebrating their GCSE and Welsh Baccalaureate results today.
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
67 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Written Statement - White Paper – School Standards and Organisation (Wales) Bill 2012
On 12 July 2011, the First Minister made a statement on the Legislative Programme for the Welsh Government. In that statement he announced that there would be an Education Bill in 2012.
Today [10 October 2011] I am issuing a White Paper to seek views on proposals for a School Standards and Organisation (Wales) Bill. I am proposing that the Bill includes provisions for the following areas:
- Intervention for schools causing concern;
- School Improvement Guidance;
- School organisation;
- Welsh in Education Strategic Plans;
- Annual Parents Meetings;
- Post 16 Learners with Special Educational Needs (SEN) in schools;
- Free school breakfasts;
- School based counselling;
- Flexible charging for school meals.
These are important changes and part of the package of reforms I intend to bring forward for education over the course of this Welsh Government term.
The consultation will end on 05 January 2012 and I will be considering responses in determining the final shape of the legislation. I expect to introduce the Bill to the National Assembly for Wales in spring 2012.