Proposals for the most generous student finance support package in the UK published in Wales
Proposals for the most generous student finance support package available anywhere in the UK have been published today in Wales (Tues 27th Sept).
- Health Secretary announces IPFR Review Panel
- Welsh Government announces cap on rail fares
- Proposals for the most generous student finance support package in the UK published in Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Written Statement - White Paper – School Standards and Organisation (Wales) Bill 2012
On 12 July 2011, the First Minister made a statement on the Legislative Programme for the Welsh Government. In that statement he announced that there would be an Education Bill in 2012.
Today [10 October 2011] I am issuing a White Paper to seek views on proposals for a School Standards and Organisation (Wales) Bill. I am proposing that the Bill includes provisions for the following areas:
- Intervention for schools causing concern;
- School Improvement Guidance;
- School organisation;
- Welsh in Education Strategic Plans;
- Annual Parents Meetings;
- Post 16 Learners with Special Educational Needs (SEN) in schools;
- Free school breakfasts;
- School based counselling;
- Flexible charging for school meals.
These are important changes and part of the package of reforms I intend to bring forward for education over the course of this Welsh Government term.
The consultation will end on 05 January 2012 and I will be considering responses in determining the final shape of the legislation. I expect to introduce the Bill to the National Assembly for Wales in spring 2012.