Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
The Education Secretary Kirsty Williams has offered her congratulations to students across Wales celebrating their GCSE and Welsh Baccalaureate results today.
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
62 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Written Statement - National Social Services Partnership Forum for Wales and Social Services Strategic Leadership Group
I am writing to let you know that I will today be publishing the remit for the National Social Services Partnership Forum for Wales and the Social Services Strategic Leadership Group.
On 17 February, I launched the Assembly Government’s Paper on the future of social services in Wales – Sustainable Social Services for Wales: A Framework for Action. It focuses on a small number of big changes, including the Assembly Government taking greater responsibility for driving the direction of services and working with stakeholders to develop a clear set of national outcomes.
The Paper states that a Ministerially led National Social Services Partnership Forum will be established made up of the political leadership of the key national stakeholders and carers and service user representation. This will be supported by a Social Services Strategic Leadership Group chaired by the Director of Social Services.
The remit that I am publishing gives us the platform for dialogue and discussion and will provide leadership to drive change. The next step will be to consider the detail of the terms of reference, membership and how appointments will be made.