UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- Proposed Technical Advice Note (TAN) 24: The Historic Environment
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Proposed technical advice note 24: The historic environment
71 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Written Statement - White Paper – Proposals for Legislation on Organ and Tissue Donation
On 12 July 2011, the First Minister made a statement on the Legislative Programme for the Welsh Government. In that statement, he announced a White Paper consultation in preparation for a Bill on Organ and Tissue Donation would be published by the end of 2011.
Today, 7 November 2011, I am issuing a White Paper setting out our proposals for this legislation and seeking views.
Our objective is to introduce a soft opt-out system in Wales which will increase the number of organ and tissue donors, allowing more lives to be saved and to improve the quality of life of others.
The consultation will end on 31 January 2012 and I will be considering responses in determining the final shape of the legislation.
Senior Welsh Government officials will be available to provide a technical briefing for Assembly Members, on Tuesday 15 November 2011 at 6pm in the Senedd, Media Briefing Room.