Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
The Education Secretary Kirsty Williams has offered her congratulations to students across Wales celebrating their GCSE and Welsh Baccalaureate results today.
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
65 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Written Statement - White Paper – Proposals for Legislation on Organ and Tissue Donation
On 12 July 2011, the First Minister made a statement on the Legislative Programme for the Welsh Government. In that statement, he announced a White Paper consultation in preparation for a Bill on Organ and Tissue Donation would be published by the end of 2011.
Today, 7 November 2011, I am issuing a White Paper setting out our proposals for this legislation and seeking views.
Our objective is to introduce a soft opt-out system in Wales which will increase the number of organ and tissue donors, allowing more lives to be saved and to improve the quality of life of others.
The consultation will end on 31 January 2012 and I will be considering responses in determining the final shape of the legislation.
Senior Welsh Government officials will be available to provide a technical briefing for Assembly Members, on Tuesday 15 November 2011 at 6pm in the Senedd, Media Briefing Room.