Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Taking Wales forward: Ministers “hit the ground running” during the first 100 days in office – First Minister
The Welsh Government has “hit the ground running” during its first 100 days as it delivers its ambitious programme of building a united, connected and sustainable Wales, Carwyn Jones has said.
- Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Taking Wales forward: Ministers “hit the ground running” during the first 100 days in office – First Minister
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Proposed changes to how environmental impact assessment applies to town and country planning
73 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Written Statement - Task and Finish Group – Accommodation and Care Needs of Older People
Care Homes play a central role in caring for frail elderly people in Wales. With the increased numbers of people reaching late old age, our policy of independence, prevention and early intervention set out in ‘Sustainable Social Services for Wales: A Framework for Action’ will mean that care homes will need to respond to those challenges.
I am writing to let you know that at the National Social Services conference in Cardiff on 21 June I will be announcing that I will be establishing a Task and Finish Group. This Group will advise me how best to meet the accommodation and care needs of older people including examining the resource model to underpin these needs. I will announce the terms of reference and membership in due course.
I will also announce further development of my plans for a National Social Services Partnership Forum, in particular my intention that the Partnership Forum should be across the main political parties in Wales. I will therefore be seeking membership from cabinet members in local government from each of these parties alongside the Chair of the Care Council, the leadership of the independent sector and the third sector.