UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
A £7.3m EU-backed scheme to boost the career prospects of students from disadvantaged backgrounds has been announced.
- Children encouraged to join the Big Friendly Read this summer
- Best ambulance response times since start of pilot - all LHBs in Wales meet target for first time
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
- A future demand-led fuel poverty scheme to succeed Welsh Government Warm Homes - Nest
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Improving services for Welsh speakers in the health sector
75 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Written Statement - Task and Finish Group – Accommodation and Care Needs of Older People
Care Homes play a central role in caring for frail elderly people in Wales. With the increased numbers of people reaching late old age, our policy of independence, prevention and early intervention set out in ‘Sustainable Social Services for Wales: A Framework for Action’ will mean that care homes will need to respond to those challenges.
I am writing to let you know that at the National Social Services conference in Cardiff on 21 June I will be announcing that I will be establishing a Task and Finish Group. This Group will advise me how best to meet the accommodation and care needs of older people including examining the resource model to underpin these needs. I will announce the terms of reference and membership in due course.
I will also announce further development of my plans for a National Social Services Partnership Forum, in particular my intention that the Partnership Forum should be across the main political parties in Wales. I will therefore be seeking membership from cabinet members in local government from each of these parties alongside the Chair of the Care Council, the leadership of the independent sector and the third sector.