Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Fewer people dying of cardiovascular disease in Wales, according to new report
The report also shows that fewer people are suffering from heart disease, are being treated quicker, and more lives are being saved through early diagnosis.
- Consultation on National Strategy to tackle Violence against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence
- Kirsty Williams congratulates A-level and Welsh Baccalaureate students
- Fewer people dying of cardiovascular disease in Wales, according to new report
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
68 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Written Statement - Appointment of interim chair to the Local Government Boundary Commission for Wales
In June I announced that I was terminating the appointment of the three members of the Local Government Boundary Commission for Wales. This follows an independent report which concluded that the Commission has lost the confidence of its stakeholders and is ‘not fit for purpose’. At that time I said I would be making temporary appointments to take office until a full and open appointment process could be concluded.
Today I have appointed Max Caller to be the interim Chair of the Welsh Commission. Max Caller is presently the Chair of the Local Government Boundary Commission England but has agreed to be appointed as Chair to the Welsh Commission on a temporary basis. He will take up office on 22 July for a period of just over 8 months.
I am keen for the work of the Commission, especially the review in Anglesey, to restart as quickly as possible and so have asked the interim Chair to nominate potential candidates for consideration as additional Commissioners.
I will issue a further statement to Members when interim Commissioners have been identified.