UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
A £7.3m EU-backed scheme to boost the career prospects of students from disadvantaged backgrounds has been announced.
- Children encouraged to join the Big Friendly Read this summer
- Best ambulance response times since start of pilot - all LHBs in Wales meet target for first time
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
- A future demand-led fuel poverty scheme to succeed Welsh Government Warm Homes - Nest
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Improving services for Welsh speakers in the health sector
76 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Written Statement - Appointment of interim chair to the Local Government Boundary Commission for Wales
In June I announced that I was terminating the appointment of the three members of the Local Government Boundary Commission for Wales. This follows an independent report which concluded that the Commission has lost the confidence of its stakeholders and is ‘not fit for purpose’. At that time I said I would be making temporary appointments to take office until a full and open appointment process could be concluded.
Today I have appointed Max Caller to be the interim Chair of the Welsh Commission. Max Caller is presently the Chair of the Local Government Boundary Commission England but has agreed to be appointed as Chair to the Welsh Commission on a temporary basis. He will take up office on 22 July for a period of just over 8 months.
I am keen for the work of the Commission, especially the review in Anglesey, to restart as quickly as possible and so have asked the interim Chair to nominate potential candidates for consideration as additional Commissioners.
I will issue a further statement to Members when interim Commissioners have been identified.