Progress on major health conditions delivery plans »We remain committed to ensuring that quality improvement remains at the centre of our approach for the future of NHS Wales.
£36m EU-backed investment in research and innovation for Welsh business
A new £36m EU-backed scheme to develop post-graduate research and innovation skills in partnership with small and medium-sized businesses has been announced by the First Minister
- Taking Wales Forward
- Statement by the First Minister of Wales: Moving Wales Forward
- £36m EU-backed investment in research and innovation for Welsh business
- Consultation on Procurement Regulation in Wales
- National Outcomes Framework for Youth Work
- Proposed changes to Planning Policy Wales Chapter 6: The Historic Environment
- Building Regulations Sustainability Review
- Support for foundation years
- Support for postgraduate study and part-time engineering, technology or computer science degrees
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) Act 2016
The act puts in place the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more proactive, sustainable and joined-up way.
Assembly bills »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward.Learn more »
Section highlightWelsh taxes: a conversation
Share your thoughts on a new Taxpayers’ Charter.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
A Cabinet statement may be made by any member of the Welsh Government.
"Member of the Welsh Government" here means the First Minister, a Cabinet Secretary, the Counsel General or a Welsh Minister.
There are 2 types of Cabinet Statement:
A member of the Welsh Government may deliver an oral statement to the Assembly during Plenary meetings on Tuesdays or Wednesdays and this is then followed up by a question and answer session. The Ministerial Code requires that the most important announcements of the Welsh Government's policy should be made in the Assembly.
A member of the Welsh Government may issue a written statement to Assembly Members at any time. There is no opportunity for a follow up question and answer session.