First Minister announces major investment for steel in Wales
First Minister Carwyn Jones has announced the next tranche in a series of major investments as part of an ongoing programme of support to secure the long term future of the Tata steel works in Wales.
- Attainment gap for those on free school meals closes again
- Significant fall in diagnostics and therapy waits in Wales
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- First Minister announces major investment for steel in Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Achievement and entitlement to free school meals
- Delayed transfers of care
- Evaluation of the Foundation Phase Flexibility Pilot Scheme
- Farm incomes
- NHS diagnostic and therapy service waiting times
- Process evaluation of the Parents, Childcare and Employment (PaCE) Project
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
A Cabinet statement may be made by any member of the Welsh Government.
"Member of the Welsh Government" here means the First Minister, a Cabinet Secretary, the Counsel General or a Welsh Minister.
There are 2 types of Cabinet Statement:
A member of the Welsh Government may deliver an oral statement to the Assembly during Plenary meetings on Tuesdays or Wednesdays and this is then followed up by a question and answer session. The Ministerial Code requires that the most important announcements of the Welsh Government's policy should be made in the Assembly.
A member of the Welsh Government may issue a written statement to Assembly Members at any time. There is no opportunity for a follow up question and answer session.