Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Our special relationship must boost trade and remove barriers - First Minister’s message ahead of United States visit
First Minister of Wales Carwyn Jones is travelling to America today to meet with political representatives and business leaders in Washington and New York.
- Welsh Government flies the flag for Wales in celebration of St David’s Day
- Valleys Taskforce rolls into town
- Our special relationship must boost trade and remove barriers - First Minister’s message ahead of United States visit
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Written Statement - Support for students on courses of higher education with a foundation year
I have today published a report summarising the responses to a consultation on the provision of financial support for students on courses of higher education with a foundation year (Support for foundation years, WG28123). The consultation outlined a number of concerns with this provision. I have concluded that there is insufficient evidence to make any changes to student support arrangements for these courses at this time.
The responses to the consultation highlighted some positive and successful features of this provision. However, that is not to say that responses demonstrated that the concerns expressed in the consultation have been proved groundless – they have not. I therefore intend to:
- monitor the number of students being supported on these courses
- monitor the rate of progression to the first year of undergraduate study
- initiate research and evaluation as necessary, potentially including a study of value for money.