Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
New service to help people across Wales save on energy, waste and water
The Welsh Government has launched a marketing campaign to urge the public to contact the Welsh Government’s Resource Efficient Wales helpline.
- Plan unveiled to signpost visitors to Welsh culinary gems
- Ground-breaking Acts receive Royal Assent
- New service to help people across Wales save on energy, waste and water
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
- Consultation on guidance for commissioning substance misuse services
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Tax devolution in Wales - Consultation on a Land Transaction Tax
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Written Statement - Green Paper – Working Together for Wales: The Public Service Workforce
I have today launched a Green Paper - Working Together for Wales: The Public Service Workforce to seek views on proposals to deliver the ambitions for the Public Service Workforce set out in Working Together for Wales – A Strategic Framework for the Public Service Workforce in Wales.
The Framework sets out a vision of a Wales-wide public service which fully recognises the dedication and excellence of the public service workforce understanding that trust and confidence are crucial to high performing services. It is partnered by this Green Paper on the Public Service Workforce.
In order to meet the objectives set out in the Strategic Framework the Green Paper proposes legislation in the following areas:
- The ability by Welsh Ministers to issue statutory guidance on matters affecting the devolved public service workforce including a process to govern the adoption of agreements which arise out of the Workforce Partnership Council
- A duty on devolved public service organisations to promote and apply partnership working as it affects workforce matters
- A Two-Tier and TUPE (Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations) code for devolved public services organisations in Wales
The consultation will end on 31 July 2012 and I will be considering responses to determine the next steps.