New deal for the education workforce »Delivering our ambitions for learners in Wales will need the full commitment of a highly skilled and professional workforce.Learn more »
£2.7million for Welsh museums, archives and libraries
Museums, archives and libraries across Wales will benefit from almost £2.7million in the latest round of Welsh Government grant funding.
- PRA Health Services expansion to create nearly 90 jobs in Swansea
- E-cigarette use more common among under 15s than tobacco, research finds
- £2.7million for Welsh museums, archives and libraries
- Consultation on guidance for commissioning substance misuse services
- Proposal for the registration of school learning support workers with the Education Workforce Council
- Proposals for the Basic Payment Scheme
- Consultation on Service Framework for the Treatment of People with a Co-occurring Mental Health and Substance Misuse Problem 2015
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) Consultation – UK Marine Programme of Measures
- Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Written Statement - Welsh Government Summary of Response to the White Paper – School Standards and Organisation (Wales) Bill 2012
It is intended that these proposals will form a School Standards and Organisation (Wales) Bill that will be introduced in 2012.
Tell us if you want any of the documents on this page in an alternative format.
Leighton Andrews, Minister for Education and Skills
On 10 October 2011, I issued a White Paper to seek views on proposals for a School Standards and Organisation (Wales) Bill. I am today [26 March 2012] issuing a summary of the responses to the White Paper.
The Draft Bill will include provisions for the following areas:
- Intervention for schools causing concern;
- School Improvement Guidance;
- School organisation;
- Welsh in Education Strategic Plans;
- Annual Parents Meetings;
- Free school breakfasts;
- School based counselling;
- Flexible charging for school meals.
I expect to introduce the Draft Bill to the National Assembly for Wales following the Easter recess.