Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
Welsh Government and GPC Wales agree new GP contract for Wales
A new two-year contract to cut out more red tape from GPs’ workloads in Wales has been agreed by the Welsh Government and GPC Wales.
- Bill a chance to provide the Wales We Want for our future generations
- St David’s Day marks nine months to go until Wales changes its organ donation law
- Welsh Government and GPC Wales agree new GP contract for Wales
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Developing a Landfill Disposals Tax
- Collection and publication of fire statistics
- Talk to me 2
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Teacher assessment: strengthening arrangements to improve reliability, consistency and confidence
Featured consultation »Use and effectiveness of Civil Sanctions for environmental offences
28 days left
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Written Statement - Welsh Government Summary of Response to the White Paper – School Standards and Organisation (Wales) Bill 2012
It is intended that these proposals will form a School Standards and Organisation (Wales) Bill that will be introduced in 2012.
Tell us if you want any of the documents on this page in an alternative format.
Leighton Andrews, Minister for Education and Skills
On 10 October 2011, I issued a White Paper to seek views on proposals for a School Standards and Organisation (Wales) Bill. I am today [26 March 2012] issuing a summary of the responses to the White Paper.
The Draft Bill will include provisions for the following areas:
- Intervention for schools causing concern;
- School Improvement Guidance;
- School organisation;
- Welsh in Education Strategic Plans;
- Annual Parents Meetings;
- Free school breakfasts;
- School based counselling;
- Flexible charging for school meals.
I expect to introduce the Draft Bill to the National Assembly for Wales following the Easter recess.