£43m schools and social housing capital boost will create 800 jobs says Jane Hutt
Schools and social housing projects across Wales are set to benefit from an immediate £43 million capital investment boost, Finance Minister Jane Hutt has announced
- A55 improvement works accelerated and £1.9m Tal-y-bont scheme to go ahead this spring
- First Minister celebrates achievements of NHS Wales
- £43m schools and social housing capital boost will create 800 jobs says Jane Hutt
- Proposals relating to the Statement of Public Participation for the National Development Framework
- The draft Private Dentistry (Wales) Regulations 2016
- Setting the Direction for Wales and Borders Rail
- Office for National Statistics (ONS) public consultation on changes to statistical products, 2015
- Environmental Permitting Regulations - Consultation on rules for mobile crushing of lamps that contain mercury
- Producing a New Travel Behaviour Code
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) Act 2016
The act will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
In this section
Section highlightWales Act 2014 annual reports
Action undertaken on the finance provisions in Part 2 of the Wales Act 2014.
Draft Budget 2016-17 »
Our focus is on our priorities and the services which mean the most to the people of Wales.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Written Statement - Welsh Government Summary of Response to the White Paper – School Standards and Organisation (Wales) Bill 2012
It is intended that these proposals will form a School Standards and Organisation (Wales) Bill that will be introduced in 2012.
Tell us if you want any of the documents on this page in an alternative format.
Leighton Andrews, Minister for Education and Skills
On 10 October 2011, I issued a White Paper to seek views on proposals for a School Standards and Organisation (Wales) Bill. I am today [26 March 2012] issuing a summary of the responses to the White Paper.
The Draft Bill will include provisions for the following areas:
- Intervention for schools causing concern;
- School Improvement Guidance;
- School organisation;
- Welsh in Education Strategic Plans;
- Annual Parents Meetings;
- Free school breakfasts;
- School based counselling;
- Flexible charging for school meals.
I expect to introduce the Draft Bill to the National Assembly for Wales following the Easter recess.