Action packed August Bank Holiday
The waters of Cardiff bay will be full of action this weekend as the last summer bank holiday gets underway with the P1 Welsh Grand Prix of the Sea.
- Secondary School attendance levels at record high
- £5.7m Welsh Government investment into clinical research and development
- Action packed August Bank Holiday
- Review of the Water Resources (Control of Pollution) (Silage, Slurry and Agricultural Fuel Oil) (Wales) Regulations 2010
- Charging guidance to Ofwat (the economic regulator of the water sector)
- Food Hygiene Rating (Promotion of Food Hygiene Ratings)(Wales) Regulations
- The development of an energy efficiency strategy for Wales
- Welsh Government action plan to further equality for transgender people
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Written Statement - Referral of Ofcom’s Welsh Language Scheme to Welsh Ministers under section 14 of the Welsh Language Act 1993
I have today written to the Welsh Language Board and Ofcom to inform both parties that I have decided to exercise the Welsh Ministers’ powers under section 14(4) of the 1993 Act and requested both parties to try to reach agreement on the terms of Ofcom’s Welsh language scheme within one month of the date of the letter.
If agreement cannot be reached, I am minded to exercise Welsh Ministers’ powers under section 14(5) of the 1993 Act to impose a scheme which includes an appropriately worded measure about Ofcom considering the Welsh language when carrying out its functions involving services to the public, both generally and including as an aspect of “local material” in the Localness Guidelines.