Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
Wales replaces the axed UK Independent Living Fund
A new £20m fund to support more than 1,600 disabled people in Wales with their care needs comes into operation today, following the closure of the Independent Living Fund (ILF) by the UK Government.
- Minister in Lyon to share lessons for Future Generations
- Transport Minister outlines Metro Phase Two plans
- Wales replaces the axed UK Independent Living Fund
- Draft revised guidance on disciplinary and dismissal procedures for school staff
- Prevention of Pollution (Oil Storage) (Wales) Regulations
- Welsh Government action plan to further equality for transgender people
- Draft non-statutory guidance for local authorities on elective home education
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
Featured consultation »Draft non-statutory guidance for local authorities on elective home education
1 day left
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) BillThe bill creates the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more sustainable and joined-up way.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Written Statement - Cardiff Airport Task Force
Cardiff Airport is integral to the fabric of our national infrastructure. I am committed to making Cardiff Airport realise its true potential as a modern, competitive, thriving and commercially successful airport, which is a key economic driver and source of pride for the people of Wales. This is why, last month, I announced the establishment of a Task Force to look at how we can maximise its potential.
The Cardiff Airport Task Force aims to address how the competitive position of Cardiff Airport can be improved through collaboration between its owners, the Welsh Government and the wider public sector and business community. Whilst the commercial day-to-day operation of Cardiff Airport is the responsibility of its operating company, the Task Force will act as an agent for change alongside Cardiff Airport, providing better synergies, joint support and co-ordinated use of resources to achieve shared outcomes.
The Task Force will have clear aims and objectives. These are:
- To engage partners in high-level dialogue on strategic air transport development issues.
- To promote better communication between Cardiff Airport, the business community, the Welsh public sector and other relevant bodies.
- To identify and recommend specific improvements and investment needed for Wales to boost air connectivity.
- To deliver a shared understanding of the operational and commercial factors which underpin development of the air transportation industry.
- To deliver joint strategic initiatives for Cardiff Airport aimed at:
- Growing Cardiff Airport (leisure, business and freight traffic).
- Improving the experience of airport users.
- Maximising its economic impact, commercially and for Wales.
- Minimising negative environmental effects.
The Task Force will consider and provide recommendations and actions on a number of specific issues (set out below). These will be set out in a Forward Work Programme to be agreed in consultation with the Task Force:
- Developing a set of strategic initiatives for Cardiff Airport.
- Collaborate on marketing and promoting Wales generally as a business, tourism and leisure destination, and Cardiff Airport in particular as the international gateway into Wales.
- Managing communications and building unity on core messaging to improve co-ordination amongst all stakeholders.
An initial meeting is in the process of being arranged.