£17 million in the bag for good causes says Minister
"Consumer habits appear to be changing which is having a positive knock on effect on the environment as well as raising a significant amount of money for good causes.”
- Welsh Government assists Fox 21 Television Studios to revive ‘sleeping Dragon’ Studios
- Minister launches first day of discounted bus travel for young people in Wales
- £17 million in the bag for good causes says Minister
- Revision of the Mental Health Act 1983 Code of Practice for Wales
- Proposed changes to Planning Policy Wales Chapter 10 and Technical Advice Note 4: Retail Centre Development
- Review of the Water Resources (Control of Pollution) (Silage, Slurry and Agricultural Fuel Oil) (Wales) Regulations 2010
- The development of an energy efficiency strategy for Wales
- Welsh Government action plan to further equality for transgender people
- Secondary legislation for development management
Featured consultation »Review of the Water Resources (Control of Pollution) (Silage, Slurry and Agricultural Fuel Oil) (Wales) Regulations 2010
76 days left
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Written Statement - Cardiff Airport Task Force
Cardiff Airport is integral to the fabric of our national infrastructure. I am committed to making Cardiff Airport realise its true potential as a modern, competitive, thriving and commercially successful airport, which is a key economic driver and source of pride for the people of Wales. This is why, last month, I announced the establishment of a Task Force to look at how we can maximise its potential.
The Cardiff Airport Task Force aims to address how the competitive position of Cardiff Airport can be improved through collaboration between its owners, the Welsh Government and the wider public sector and business community. Whilst the commercial day-to-day operation of Cardiff Airport is the responsibility of its operating company, the Task Force will act as an agent for change alongside Cardiff Airport, providing better synergies, joint support and co-ordinated use of resources to achieve shared outcomes.
The Task Force will have clear aims and objectives. These are:
- To engage partners in high-level dialogue on strategic air transport development issues.
- To promote better communication between Cardiff Airport, the business community, the Welsh public sector and other relevant bodies.
- To identify and recommend specific improvements and investment needed for Wales to boost air connectivity.
- To deliver a shared understanding of the operational and commercial factors which underpin development of the air transportation industry.
- To deliver joint strategic initiatives for Cardiff Airport aimed at:
- Growing Cardiff Airport (leisure, business and freight traffic).
- Improving the experience of airport users.
- Maximising its economic impact, commercially and for Wales.
- Minimising negative environmental effects.
The Task Force will consider and provide recommendations and actions on a number of specific issues (set out below). These will be set out in a Forward Work Programme to be agreed in consultation with the Task Force:
- Developing a set of strategic initiatives for Cardiff Airport.
- Collaborate on marketing and promoting Wales generally as a business, tourism and leisure destination, and Cardiff Airport in particular as the international gateway into Wales.
- Managing communications and building unity on core messaging to improve co-ordination amongst all stakeholders.
An initial meeting is in the process of being arranged.