Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
Transport Minister outlines Metro Phase Two plans
Work on delivery of the next phase of a modern, high-quality public transport Metro system for south east Wales could begin as early as 2017
- Minister accepts ‘Successful Futures’ recommendations in full
- Minister unveils details of £7.6m for young people’s mental health services
- Transport Minister outlines Metro Phase Two plans
- Draft revised guidance on disciplinary and dismissal procedures for school staff
- Prevention of Pollution (Oil Storage) (Wales) Regulations
- Welsh Government action plan to further equality for transgender people
- Proposal for the registration of school learning support workers with the Education Workforce Council
- Draft non-statutory guidance for local authorities on elective home education
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
Featured consultation »Draft non-statutory guidance for local authorities on elective home education
3 days left
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) BillThe bill creates the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more sustainable and joined-up way.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Evaluation of the Human Transplantation (Wales) Act
- Great Britain Day Visits Survey
- Great Britain Tourism Survey
- Local authority budgeted expenditure on schools
- Soft opt-out system of organ donation: Researching the views of Specialist Nurses and Clinical Leads
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Written Statement - Provision of Blood Services in Wales
My predecessor made a commitment to consider the future provision of blood services in Wales. I would now like to take the opportunity, during National Blood Week, to set out my intentions for blood services in Wales.
In this context, now is the right time to move towards creating an all-Wales Blood Service. Working in this integrated way will allow us to plan better and build further resilience to ensure the long term security of collection, processing, testing and supply of blood. Patients, donors and hospitals will still receive the same high quality service as now.
My officials have already met WBS and NHSBT. Both organisations are willing to work together in a pragmatic way on a number of immediate issues, with a view to putting in place longer term arrangements. I want to ensure we take time to make the transition as smooth as possible and without any risk to the quality and sustainability of blood supplies, as well as providing a safe and high quality service to all the loyal blood donors without whom the blood services would not exist. My commitment is to facilitate a move towards an all-Wales Blood Service by 2016, although I expect significant progress to be made by 2014.
This work will now be taken forward in conjunction with both organisations, including their staff representatives. I will be receiving regular updates and will keep Members informed of progress.