Action packed August Bank Holiday
The waters of Cardiff bay will be full of action this weekend as the last summer bank holiday gets underway with the P1 Welsh Grand Prix of the Sea.
- Secondary School attendance levels at record high
- £5.7m Welsh Government investment into clinical research and development
- Action packed August Bank Holiday
- Review of the Water Resources (Control of Pollution) (Silage, Slurry and Agricultural Fuel Oil) (Wales) Regulations 2010
- Charging guidance to Ofwat (the economic regulator of the water sector)
- Food Hygiene Rating (Promotion of Food Hygiene Ratings)(Wales) Regulations
- The development of an energy efficiency strategy for Wales
- Welsh Government action plan to further equality for transgender people
- Secondary legislation for development management
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Written Statement - Appointment of interim chair to the Local Government Boundary Commission for Wales
In June I announced that I was terminating the appointment of the three members of the Local Government Boundary Commission for Wales. This follows an independent report which concluded that the Commission has lost the confidence of its stakeholders and is ‘not fit for purpose’. At that time I said I would be making temporary appointments to take office until a full and open appointment process could be concluded.
Today I have appointed Max Caller to be the interim Chair of the Welsh Commission. Max Caller is presently the Chair of the Local Government Boundary Commission England but has agreed to be appointed as Chair to the Welsh Commission on a temporary basis. He will take up office on 22 July for a period of just over 8 months.
I am keen for the work of the Commission, especially the review in Anglesey, to restart as quickly as possible and so have asked the interim Chair to nominate potential candidates for consideration as additional Commissioners.
I will issue a further statement to Members when interim Commissioners have been identified.