Edwina Hart welcomes production venture to boost international film and TV production in Wales by £100m
The Welsh Government is supporting a new UK/US production company to produce high-end TV and film for the global television market.
- 150 year bond with Patagonia strong and lasting says First Minister
- First Minister launches new Young Persons Discounted Travel Scheme and upgraded TrawsCymru T3 Service
- Edwina Hart welcomes production venture to boost international film and TV production in Wales by £100m
- Revisions to the Waste Duty of Care Code of Practice
- The Welsh Language Tribunal - Practice Directions
- Fire and Rescue National Framework 2016 onwards
- Healthcare Inspectorate Wales - Strategic Plan 2015-18
- Statutory Guidance about sewerage undertakers duty to connect properties to the public sewerage system ( under Section 101A of the Water Industry Act 1991)
- Draft revised guidance on disciplinary and dismissal procedures for school staff
Featured consultation »Draft Additional Learning Needs and Education Tribunal (Wales) Bill
143 days left
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Jane Hutt AM
Educated at the University of Kent, the London School of Economics and Bristol University, Jane is also an Honorary Fellow of University of Wales Institute Cardiff.
Prior to her election to the National Assembly for Wales, Jane was director of Chwarae Teg (Fair Play) and was the Welsh member on the New Opportunities (UK) Fund and was an elected Member of the former South Glamorgan County Council.
Jane is married with two children, is a Welsh learner, and lives in Barry.
Having served as Minister for Health and Social Services (1999-2005), Minister for Assembly Business, Children and Equalities (2005-2007) and Minister for Children, Education, Lifelong Learning and Skills (2007-2009), Jane was appointed as Minister for Budget and Business in December 2009. Following re-election to the National Assembly for Wales in May 2011, Jane Hutt was appointed Minister for Finance and Leader of the House and in March 2013 was appointed Minister for Finance. In September 2014, she was appointed Minister for Finance and Government Business.
The Minister for Finance and Government Business is responsible for:
- Providing strategic financial direction and management of the resources of the Welsh Government
- Development of a Welsh Treasury function
- Publishing and consulting on the Welsh Government’s budget proposals
- General oversight of financial accounting and audit
- Making most effective use of the Welsh Government’s budget through rigorous in year budget monitoring and management
- Ensuring value for money and effectiveness of spend across the Welsh Government’s budget through continual challenge and development of underpinning systems on evidence and evaluation
- Operation of the devolved funding settlement and the Statement of Funding;
- Value Wales
- National Procurement Service
- Oversight of the Private Finance Initiative (PFI), but not priorities or policy decisions regarding PFI projects within another Minister’s portfolio
- Matters affecting Welsh Government Sponsored Bodies (WGSBs) collectively and in general, but not matters relating to specific WGSBs, which remain the responsibility of their respective Ministers
- The Location Strategy and the co-ordination of acquisition, maintenance and disposal of property and other assets used by the Welsh Government in the exercise of its functions
- The co-ordination of National Statistics and the maintenance and development of the co-ordinating structure under the National Statistics Framework. (For other Welsh Ministers their role covers statistical activity in relation to their portfolio responsibilities)
- The content or conduct of the Census in Wales
- Policy on and administration of European Union structural funds, related programmes except the Common Agricultural Policy
- Responsibility for managing Welsh Government business in the Assembly in line with standing orders.
Writing to Ministers
Contact Jane Hutt by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We aim to provide a response to correspondence to ministers, including email within 17 working days. Ministers will respond to matters that fall within their portfolio. Please follow ‘Writing to ministers’ to contact the right minister.