New system for emergency ambulance services to prioritise patients in most need of care
People who need immediate life-saving care will receive the highest-priority response in the fastest time possible from the Welsh Ambulance Service.
- Edwina Hart welcomes production venture to boost international film and TV production in Wales by £100m
- Two weeks left to vote for your High Street Hero
- New system for emergency ambulance services to prioritise patients in most need of care
- Revisions to the Waste Duty of Care Code of Practice
- The Welsh Language Tribunal - Practice Directions
- Fire and Rescue National Framework 2016 onwards
- Healthcare Inspectorate Wales - Strategic Plan 2015-18
- Statutory Guidance about sewerage undertakers duty to connect properties to the public sewerage system ( under Section 101A of the Water Industry Act 1991)
- Draft revised guidance on disciplinary and dismissal procedures for school staff
Featured consultation »Prevention of Pollution (Oil Storage) (Wales) Regulations
57 days left
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Edwina Hart MBE CStJ AM
Edwina Hart has been the Gower's AM since the first Assembly election in 1999.
Having served as Minister for Finance and Local Government (2000-2003) and Minister for Social Justice and Regeneration (2003-2007), Edwina was appointed to the Health and Social Services portfolio in May 2007. Following re-election to the National Assembly for Wales in May 2011, Edwina Hart was appointed Minister for Business, Enterprise, Technology and Science and in March 2013 was appointed the Minister for Economy, Science and Transport.
The Minister for Economy, Science and Transport is responsible for:
- The provision of support and advice to assist the establishment, growth, modernisation or development of business in Wales
- The promotion of Wales as a location for business and investment
- The promotion of Welsh exports
- Entrepreneurship, enterprise and business information
- Finance Wales
- Business rates policy
- Energy policy, major energy facilities and infrastructure, devolution in energy matters, steel, coal, oil and gas
- Environmental improvements in relation to industrial and commercial developments
- Economic sector panels
- Social enterprise and the social economy
- The work of the Economic Research Advisory Panel
- Transport policy, including the development of an integrated transport system in Wales
- Road Safety including provision of safer routes to Schools, transport for children and young people and regulation of pedestrian crossings and on-street parking
- Road transport, including construction, improvement and maintenance of trunk roads in Wales, except those parts of the Second Severn Crossing and the approaches thereto which are situated in Wales (not devolved) (NB roads other than trunk roads are the responsibility of Local Authorities)
- Delivery of passenger rail services through the Wales and Borders franchise
- Promotion of walking and cycling, including the Active Travel (Wales) Act
- Funding and administration of programmes to Local Authorities and other bodies designed to deliver a range of transport schemes and services
- Science: development of science policy, including day to day liaison with the Chief Scientific Adviser and the National Science Academy
- Research and Innovation, including research and development, knowledge transfer and commercialisation; maximising research and innovation incomes; and Research Centres of Excellence
- Technium network.
Writing to Ministers
Contact Edwina Hart by email at: email@example.com
We aim to provide a response to correspondence to ministers, including email within 17 working days. Ministers will respond to matters that fall within their portfolio. Please follow ‘Writing to ministers’ to contact the right minister.