Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
£7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
The Welsh Government will invest an extra £7.6m every year in mental health services for children and young people in Wales.
- Welsh coast helping to boost tourism
- Love your library, cherish your church, partial to your pub? Consultation to protect community facilities launched
- £7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Edwina Hart MBE CStJ AM
Edwina Hart has been the Gower's AM since the first Assembly election in 1999.
Having served as Minister for Finance and Local Government (2000-2003) and Minister for Social Justice and Regeneration (2003-2007), Edwina was appointed to the Health and Social Services portfolio in May 2007. Following re-election to the National Assembly for Wales in May 2011, Edwina Hart was appointed Minister for Business, Enterprise, Technology and Science and in March 2013 was appointed the Minister for Economy, Science and Transport.
The Minister for Economy, Science and Transport is responsible for:
- The provision of support and advice to assist the establishment, growth, modernisation or development of business in Wales;
- The promotion of Wales as a location for business and investment;
- The promotion of Welsh exports;
- Entrepreneurship, enterprise and business information;
- Finance Wales;
- Business rates policy;
- Energy policy, major energy facilities and infrastructure, devolution in energy matters, steel, coal, oil and gas;
- Environmental improvements in relation to industrial and commercial developments;
- Economic sector panels;
- Social enterprise and the social economy;
- The work of the Economic Research Advisory Panel;
- Transport policy, including the development of an integrated transport system in Wales;
- Road Safety including provision of safer routes to Schools, transport for children and young people and regulation of pedestrian crossings and on-street parking
- Road transport, including construction, improvement and maintenance of trunk roads in Wales, except those parts of the Second Severn Crossing and the approaches thereto which are situated in Wales (not devolved) (NB roads other than trunk roads are the responsibility of Local Authorities);
- Delivery of passenger rail services through the Wales and Borders franchise;
- Promotion of walking and cycling, including the Active Travel (Wales) Act;
- Funding and administration of programmes to Local Authorities and other bodies designed to deliver a range of transport schemes and services;
- Science: development of science policy, including day to day liaison with the Chief Scientific Adviser and the National Science Academy;
- Research and Innovation, including research and development, knowledge transfer and commercialisation; maximising research and innovation incomes; and Research Centres of Excellence;
- Technium network.
Writing to Ministers
Contact Edwina Hart by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We aim to provide a response to correspondence to Ministers, including electronic mail within 17 working days. Ministers will respond to matters that fall within their portfolio. Please follow the link ‘Writing to Ministers’ on the left hand side to direct your correspondence to the right Minister.